Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Do you have to be Catholic to celebrate Lent?

So today I was reading some posts on a message board that I frequent often, and people were talking about what they were giving up for Lent. So I posted something and my friend posted back that since she's not Catholic she doesn't give anything up.

That got me thinking, I know people can do what they want, celebrate what they want ect. But do only Catholics give up something for Lent?

I'm not Catholic, but I've decided that for Lent, and for my health LOL, that I'm going to give up excuses for why I'm only half assing my attempts to lose weight. There is no excuse for this anymore.

They say it takes 2 weeks to make a habit, so I have 40 days to turn my half ass attempt at weight loss into a full ass weight loss. I know I won't lose 30 lbs in 40 days, maybe if I was on The Biggest Loser, but that wouldn't be healthy for me. 

I've been doing a weight loss program, and while I've lost 7lbs so far, it's been slow. I do have to say I'd rather the scale show 7lb loss than a 7lb gain though, so for that I'm happy. And last week I measured myself, and I have lost 2.5 inches total, again not a lot, but better than putting 2.5 inches on.

So what are you giving up for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment